Disclaimer / Terms & Conditions
For Health & Safety reasons please read the following before booking any massage or Therapy session.
By booking with Sonar Body Therapy, you agree to the following:
1) I give my permission to receive massage therapy.
2) I understand that therapeutic massage is not a substitute for traditional medical
treatment or medications.
3) I understand that the massage therapist does not diagnose illnesses or injuries,
or prescribe medications.
4) I have clearance from my physician to receive massage therapy.
5) I understand the risks associated with massage therapy include, but are not
• Superficial bruising
• Short-term muscle soreness
• Exacerbation of undiscovered injury
I therefore release the company and the individual massage therapist from all
liability concerning these injuries that may occur during the massage session.
6) I understand the importance of informing my massage therapist of all medical
conditions and medications I am taking, and to let the massage therapist know
about any changes to these. I understand that there may be additional risks
based on my physical condition.
7) I understand that it is my responsibility to inform my massage therapist of any
discomfort I may feel during the massage session so he/she may adjust
8) I understand that I or the massage therapist may terminate the session at any
9) I have been given a chance to ask questions about the massage therapy session
and my questions have been answered.
Policy Notification, bookings & cancellations
We appreciate that you’ve chosen us for your massage and bodywork needs. To provide the best service possible to our clients
we have implemented the following policies.
We respectfully ask that you provide us with a 24 hour notice of any schedule changes or cancellation requests. Please
understand that when you cancel or miss your appointment without providing a 24 hour notice we are often unable to fill that
appointment time. This is an inconvenience to your therapist and also means our other clients miss the chance to receive
services they need. For this reason, you will be charged 50% of the service fee for the first missed session and 100% of the
service fee for each session after that. We also reserve the right to require a credit card number to be given to book future
appointments so that appropriate fees may be charged if a late cancellation does occur.
We understand that emergencies can arise and illnesses do occur at inopportune times. If you have a fever, a known infection,
or have experienced vomiting or diarrhea within 24 hours prior to your appointment time, we request that you cancel your
session. Inclement weather may also result in the need for late cancellations. We will do our best to give advanced notice if we
are closing or need to cancel due to bad weather and we ask you to do the same. Please do not risk your own safety trying to
make your appointment. Late cancellation due to emergency, illness, or inclement weather will generally not result in any
missed session charges, but this is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Late Arrival Policy
We request that you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow time to fill out any required paperwork as
well as answer any intake questions your therapist may have. We understand that issues can arise that may cause you to be late
for your appointment. However, we ask that you call to inform us if this ever occurs so we can do our best to accommodate
you. Appointment times are reserved for each client, so oftentimes we cannot exceed that reserved time without making the
next client late. For this reason, arriving after your appointment time may result in loss of time from your massage so that your
session ends at the scheduled time. Full service fees will be charged even when sessions are shortened due to late arrival. In
return we will do our best to be on time, and if we are unable to do so we will add time to your session to make up for our late
arrival or adjust the service charge accordingly.
Inappropriate Behavior Policy
Massage therapy is for relaxation and therapeutic purposes only. There is absolutely no sexual component to massage
whatsoever. Any insinuation, joke, gesture, conversation, or request otherwise will result in immediate termination of your
session and a refusal of any and all services in the future. You will be charged the full service fee regardless of the length of
your session. Depending on the behavior exhibited we may also file a report with the local authorities if necessary. Treat your
therapist with respect and dignity and you will be treated the same in return.
By signing below, you agree to the following:
1) You are physically capable of getting on and off the massage chair safely.
2) You do not have any injuries or conditions that should prevent you from receiving massage therapy and have not been told by a
physician that you should not receive massage therapy.
3) You understand that massage therapy is not a substitute for medical care.
4) You will be truthful with your therapist about all medical conditions you may have.
5) You will report any discomfort or pain to your therapist during the massage.
6) You understand that massage is for relaxation and therapeutic purposes only.
7) You understand that any inappropriate behavior will result in refusal of service.
8) You release your therapist and the associated business from all liability concerning any injury or damages that may occur during or after
Hot stone massage is not suitable for everyone. There are risks associated with performing hot stone massage
on individuals with the following conditions.
You must inform your massage therapist/practitioner if you have any of the following conditions which may
make hot stone massage contraindicated or may require your therapist/practitioner to alter the massage.
- Inflammatory skin conditions
- Open wounds or sores
- Hypotension or Hypertension
- Cancer (with or without treatment)
- Varicose veins
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Blood clot(s)
- Autoimmune condition (MS, Lupus, RA, etc.)
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Heat sensitivity
- Compromised immune system
- Edema or Lymphedema
- Cardiovascular disease
therapy is not meant to replace appropriate medical care. I release the massage therapist/practitioner of any
and all liability for any harm that may unintentionally occur during my treatment(s)
Prenatal Massage Contraindications
Massage therapy during pregnancy has been shown to be beneficial for a number of common complaints such
as fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, sciatica, edema, and many others. However, there are risks associated with
specific conditions that may occur during pregnancy.
You must inform your massage therapist/practitioner if you have or have had in the past any of the following
conditions or symptoms which may make massage therapy during pregnancy contraindicated or may require
your therapist/practitioner to alter the massage.
- History of miscarriage
- Gestational Diabetes
- Cardiac, pulmonary, liver, or renal disorders
- Mother’s age under 20 or over 35
- Pitting edema
- Epilepsy or other convulsive disorders
- Placental or cervical dysfunction
- Abdominal pain
- Leaking of amniotic fluid
- Sudden edema/swelling
- Severe headaches
- History of any high-risk pregnancy
- Drug exposure
- Genetic abnormalities
- Fetal growth retardation
- Sudden weight gain
- Decrease in fetal movement over 24-hour period
- Severe nausea or vomiting
regular check-ups with a licensed healthcare provider. (2) I have not experienced any of the listed symptoms,
conditions, or complications. (3) I am not currently experiencing any of the listed symptoms, conditions, or
complications. (4) I am experiencing a low-risk pregnancy.
I understand that I will be receiving massage therapy as an adjunct form of healthcare only and that this
therapy is not meant to replace appropriate medical care. I release the massage therapist/practitioner of all
liability for any harm that may unintentionally occur during my treatment(s).
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)2018
What is “Personal Data?”
The information collected about you from the “Client information and consent form.”
How will your Personal Data will be used?
• Information provided by you will be used to decide the most appropriate treatment for you.
• To contact you via email or using mobile phone number regarding clinic related matters.
• With your consent, your Personal Data may be shared with other health care professionals regarding your continuing care.
• You may be sent further information about treatments and offers
• You have the right not to be contacted by Sonar Body Therapy with further information, if this applies, please inform your therapist, Emma Brennan.
How will your Personal Data be stored?
• All personal data is recorded as a hard copy and under locked conditions, contact details may be stored on a secure mobile device.
• Your personal data will be stored securely and shredded after 7years.
• You have the right to request access your information at any time.
Sonar Body Therapy